Friday, March 02, 2007

Library 2.0 and RSS Feeds


Earlier this week, I started using Google Reader. I've added 7 RSS feeds. Four are library specific, 2 news related (CBC and the Globe and Mail), and one that doesn't quite fit into a Library category or a news category (Michael Geist).

"Blogroll, please"...

[The] Emerging Technologies Group (a la McMaster University libraries)
Blogwithoutalibrary (Amanda, the leader of our Library 2.0 learning initiatives here at McMaster)
The Shifted Librarian (a Librarian named Jenny, who posts like a true expert and visionary on new technologies affecting libraries today)
TametheWeb (Michael Stephens)
Michael Geist (a really smart guy who knows a lot about Internet and copyright law. I heard him speak on a panel at OLA last month)
CBC (top stories)
The Globe and Mail

  • I'm still quite fond of the subscriptions I have that come directly to my email inbox, such as "Library News". Since it is delivered to my inbox daily, I see it immediately, scan the headlines and decide whether to go deeper to read articles that interest me. I'm not as likely to keep returning regularly to "Google Reader", but I could always strive to make it a new habit!

Yay!

  • I have discovered how to add a link to Google Reader to my blog (on the right side bar)! Now that I know how to add links, I will have to think of a few more to add. I also inserted a picture of a black jaguar: one of my favourite animals. (Scooper is the most favoured animal of all: she is resting at home curled up in her quilt, with the electric blanket left on low for extra warmth).
Tam

No comments: